Live and Learn at the Garden
Spend Your Hawaiian Vacation Near Our Healing Garden Learning About
Hawaiian Ecology, Medicinal Plants and Natural Healing
“Ohana” means “family” in Hawaiian, and you will truly be treated as a member of ours during your one week Internship. Walk to the ocean for an inspirational view of the crashing surf, swim in our pool, or simply sit and relax and watch the sun set behind Mauna Loa.You’ll get spoiled with all of the amenities!
Your Internship includes use of all our facilities such as the swimming pool and wireless Internet access (with your own computer). The only requirement is that you relax and have a wonderful time! You will also enjoy samples of our herbal products.
If you would like to arrange your own lodging offsite, we are happy to help you find a perfect rental home, B & B or hotel nearby. We offer a substantial discount if you arrange for your own alternative lodging.
To inquire and reserve by phone call: 808-966-5956.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
Take a Virtual Visit!
If your travel plans allow only a “virtual visit” at this time, click here for video that show how the garden was built and allow you to enjoy the beauty and serenity that make Hi‘iaka’s a truly special, healing place.
Located just 16 miles south of the Hilo airport, Hi‘iaka’s Garden is in a rural residential area called Hawaiian Paradise Park.
We’re between the two smaller, quaint towns of Kea‘au and Pahoa, which have some good restaurants and shops.
We have an ocean view and can often hear the surf. It’s a pleasant 1/2 mile stroll to the dramatic oceanfront cliffs, and is the only stretch of coastline for many miles where the ocean is accessible.
You can take a short hike to some warm tidepools, like our guest Brady Wilson enjoyed doing during his stay. Because we’re farther than Hilo from the shadow of Mauna Kea, our weather here is much warmer and drier than in Hilo.
DIRECTIONS TO HI‘IAKA’S HERB GARDEN FROM HILO TOWN OR HILO AIRPORT
We provide airport pickup service for a nominal charge. Please inquire.
FROM THE AIRPORT: From the terminal building at Hilo airport, drive approximately 1 mile to the traffic light at Hwy. 11. Turn left onto Hwy. 11.
FROM HILO: Take Hwy. 11 south through town and follow the signs to Kea‘au and Pahoa.
- Drive approximately 6 miles to the traffic light at the intersection of Route 130 (Kea‘au-Pahoa Road). The signs will direct you to Pahoa and Kalapana.
- Turn left onto Route 130 and drive another 6 miles to Paradise Drive.
- Turn left onto Paradise and continue down the hill almost 4 miles until you get to 2nd Street. The streets also have names: 2nd St. is also called “Aloe” on the street sign.
- Turn left on 2/Aloe and proceed 4/10 of a mile. The Garden is on your right: if you notice the telephone poles, they are numbered: Hi‘iaka’s Garden is between poles 8 and 9.
- There are 2 Norfolk Pine trees at the top of the driveway and a sign nailed to one of them with the street address on it, which is 15-1667.
- You’ll also see our sign on the tree: it reads “Healing Herbs.”
- Come down the driveway and park in front of the larger house.
Aloha and mahalo for choosing Hi‘iaka’s Garden Live and Learn Internship!